Répertoire des membres
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Phone: 902 - 471 - 3971
Cindy is a Bluenoser (Nova Scotian) with family roots in Prince Edward Island.She has been storytelling for over 25 years and to audiences of mixed ages and specific groups.
Cindy likes telling many different kinds of tales:
Folk, faerie, family,
Peace, pirates or the sea,
Historical or community,
G-G-Ghosts, ballads, tales of me.
In the past few years, Cindy has been creating one woman shows and presentations, such as:
- Tales of a Trailer Park Girl (personal),
- The Lady in the Lighthouse (historical),
- Tales Under The Darnley Bridge (family/PEI),
- Celtic Tales (folk),
- Songs and Stories from the Helen Creighton Collection (folk)
She is open to any theme or program idea, and loves to give storytelling or folk or Helen Creighton workshops to all ages.
- Storyteller for the Canadian Children’s Book Centre Tour, 2005
- Proprietor and Performer for StorySong Express Educational Entertainment since 2000.
- Creator of Literacy, Oracy and Music based program for Libraries and Early Childhood Education, called Shake, Rattle and Read,
- Project Manager and Storyteller for Telling Your Family Stories Program at Pier 21, Immigration Museum, Halifax in partnership with Storytellers of Canada/Conteurs du Canada.
- Presenter and Storytelller at Mystic Seaport Music Festival 2012.
- Presenter at the Canadian Society for Traditional Music, Conference 2014
Cindy is a proud member of The Storytellers Circle of Halifax, Cole Harbour Rural Heritage Society, Dartmouth Heritage Museum, and the Writers Federation of Nova Scotia.
She is also the Storytelling liaison and Vice President of the Helen Creighton Folklore Society.
Cindy is a proud member and volunteer of Storytellers of Canada/ Conteurs du Canada former President, Vice President, Newsletter Editor, Provincial Coordinator, currently: Social Media Assistant, SC-CC Radio folk music research and proud Silly Old Person aka SOP!