Directory of members
I'm a Mount Pearl, NL-based storyteller, writer, and creative life coach who likes to make the most of the connection-building power of stories.
I am the founder and chair of the Association for the Arts in Mount Pearl, the acting Vice-President and Training Liaison for the SC-CC, and I am a former President of Storytelling St. John's.
I have been telling stories professionally since 2009 and I have been a frequent performer and host at the St. John's Storytelling Festival and the Storytelling St. John's Monthly Story Circle, as well as at a number of local schools and events.
I enjoy telling a variety of myths, folktales, and personal stories and I particularly like sharing versions that take a different point of view - seeing a villain from a new perspective, or centering the actions of a character who would normally be seen as passive.
Here's a video of one of my current favourites: Lorelei
I offer a variety of storytelling and story-based workshops including, but not limited to, the following:
- Get Started in Storytelling
- Beyond Beginning, Middle, End: Adding Strength to Your Story Arc
- Balancing Showing and Telling
- Finding Personal Strength in Stories
- The (short) Story of You: Creating Artist Bios With Ease
- Putting Stories to Work For You (workplace communication)
- Adding to Their Story: A Storyteller's Approach to Grant Applications
- Creating Creative Habits
- How Stories Build Empathy
- How Creativity Builds Community
- Stop Thinking and Write