Directory of members
TALES - Alberta
TALES (The Alberta League Encouraging Storytelling) celebrates and promotes the tradition of oral storytelling. We offer a wide variety of performances for the public and artistic development opportunities for storytellers. Since 1982, TALES has operated as a non-profit organization. In 2007, TALES was awarded charitable status (#84585 8273 RR0001). We have chapters in Calgary, Edmonton and Strathcona.
Our regular events include:
· TELLAROUNDS – Monthly story circles where tellers share stories and works-in-progress. First-timers, professional tellers and listeners are welcome!
· STORY CAFES – Performance storytelling in a casual setting; based on a theme and featuring guest storytellers
· CONCERTS – Special event storytelling performances
· WORKSHOPS – Offered by TALES chapters to develop storytelling skills
· STORYTELLING RETREATS – A weekend of workshops and a keynote address to learn and enhance storytelling skills
TALES President: Doreen Vanderstoop 403.816.6002 firstname.lastname@example.org