Directory of members
Baden Storytellers Guild
The Baden Storytellers’ Guild began in 1989 as one of the services offered by The Story Barn in Baden, led by Mary-Eileen McClear. As Founder and Director of the Story Barn, Mary-Eileen McClear formed The Baden Storytellers' Guild in 1989,mentored storytellers, and hosted monthly gatherings of tellers and listeners.
Over a quarter century later, the Guild found a new public home at Button Factory Arts in Waterloo. We also have monthly guild meetings at members' homes.
What we are excited about!
- Monthly Stories Aloud, an open mic night, the second Friday of each month, September through Spring, at Button Factory Arts in Waterloo. Please contact us in advance if your story is over 20 minutes, so we all have a turn.
- Monthly guild meetings (for rehearsal, mini-workshops, and a tiny bit of business), the fourth Friday of each month. If you are interested in joining the Guild, please email or speak to one of the members.
- Twice yearly (or more often) workshops with a variety of themes and guest instructors. Past workshops we have enjoyed include Introduction to Storytelling, Playing Inside Story, Bringing History to Life, and The Journey of the Storyteller, The Art and Pleasure of Telling Family Stories. Past instructors include Bob Barton, Celia Lottridge, Mary-Eileen McClear, and Marylyn Peringer.
- Annual Beginners' Workshop.
- Annual World Storytelling Day Concert (March).
- Appearances at local arts festivals.
Full details,including schedule changes, snow days, and coming events, are on the website.