Call for proposals, "The Talking Stick"The Talking Stick will again be this year’s Storyfire event for Toronto’s 1001 Friday Nights of Storytelling. It will take place on April 1, 2016 at the Innis College Café from 8:00 until 10:00. Anna Kerz will host this special evening. Stories will be told by selected 1001 Friday Night tellers.
Special Storyfire event Friday, April 1
To participate as a teller on this evening your story should be:
As part of your application please send:
- a folktale, legend, myth, a personal or literary tale, a ballad or narrative poem
- a tale you haven’t told at 1001
- no more than ten minutes in length
- the title of your story
- a very brief outline of the tale
- the exact time for the length of your story (We would like to fit as many tellers as possible into the evening. Knowing the length of your story will help us to do that.)
Applications should be sent in the body of the email, rather than as an attachment. Please make certain your name appears somewhere in the email.
Last date for applications: February 7, 2016
Please note: this will be a curated event programmed by Karen Blair, Susan Boucaud and Anna Kerz.
This notice was distributed by Howard Kaplan, Webmaster,
on behalf of the Coordinating Committee: Pat Bisset, Karen Blair, Susan Boucaud, Natasha Charles, Anna-Lynn Filice, Carol McGirr, and Bruce Stodart