These webinars are for people who:
Applying for an arts grant can be confusing or overwhelming. This spring, the Ontario Arts Council
(OAC) is offering a series of webinars for Ontario-based artists and arts groups to learn the basics of applying for OAC funding.
OAC program officers will cover topics such as:
- have never applied for an arts grant before
- have an idea for an arts project in mind and are wondering how to apply for funding
- have applied for a grant before, but did not receive one
- want to learn more about what makes a successful application
Each presentation will be followed by a Q&A session. We encourage you to submit general questions about OAC funding in advance when you register for the event. (You can also send written questions during the webinar through Zoom’s Q&A feature.)
- Artist eligibility: Who can apply? How do I know whether I’m eligible for funding? What does it mean to be a professional artist?
- Organization/group eligibility: What kinds of groups are eligible for funding? Do we need to be incorporated or registered as a charity?
- Funding opportunities: Where can I find out about OAC grants? How can I tell which programs I can (and should) apply for? Can I apply for more than one grant?
- How the grant application process works: Who decides which applications get approved? How do they make their decisions? How long will it take for me to find out my result?
- Tips for an effective application: Are there common mistakes that applicants make?
If you already have a project in mind, and you have a specific question about your project
, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
, and we will forward your question to an appropriate staff member.