Upcoming deadline for Ontario Arts Council Indigenous Artists in Communities and Schools Projects: October 18th, 2023
The program supports projects that bring together Ontario-based Indigenous artists or Elders to:
- work with individuals or groups of people from a community on collaborative activities that create a meaningful arts experience and transmit artistic skills and knowledge
- teach arts workshops in schools during the upcoming school year, engaging children and youth in creative, active, hands-on and in-depth arts experiences
The program has five categories:
- Community arts projects: to help cover the costs of participatory activities that promote learning, collaboration and/or engagement in the arts
- Indigenous languages through the arts: to help cover the costs of artistic and community-engaged projects in which the primary purpose is the transmission of Indigenous languages through the arts
- Training for community artists and animators: to help cover the costs of Indigenous artists and animators working in community and non-arts settings to seek training and mentorship opportunities that will strengthen their community arts, arts training or arts education practice
- Indigenous artists in schools projects: to help cover the costs of activities that promote learning, collaboration and/or engagement in the arts
- Indigenous artists in northern fly-in communities: supports (a) applicants from fly-in communities working anywhere in Ontario, and (b) applicants from anywhere in Ontario working in fly-in communities
Note: Applicants may apply to only one category.
Learn more about the program and apply through the Ontario Arts Council here.
Back to list